Welcome to Pagone Psychological Services, LLC
Promoting Quality of Life
Promoting Quality of Life
At Pagone Psychological Services, LLC my goal is to provide you with a unique therapeutic experience which allows you to be connected with yourself and build upon your strengths which results in lasting change.
The services provided are tailored to meet your specific needs. During our initial session I will conduct a thorough assessment to gather information in order to understand what you are struggling with, what you hope to accomplish in therapy, what your goals are, and provide feedback and options as to how to proceed. It will also provide you an opportunity to see if we have right fit for a therapeutic relationship; a team, working on healing one step at a time. Prior to our first session, please click on the links provided to read the Consent for Treatment Agreement, Privacy Statement, Equine Release Form and Signature Page. After reading, please sign and date the Signature Page and Equine Release Form (for Marengo office only) and bring these with you to your first appointment. Also remember to bring a copy of your ID and insurance cards.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR): The EMDR Institute explains that "EMDR facilitates the accessing and processing of traumatic memories and other adverse life experiences to bring these to an adaptive resolution. Affect distress is relieved, negative beliefs are reformulated, and physiological arousal is reduced". This approach helps to heal emotional material that keeps a person "stuck" in old behavioral and belief patterns. EMDR can be used with a wide variety of presenting problems. This is a fast approach to move the client forward as quickly as possible; it has been said that "20 minutes of EMDR therapy is worth 5 hours of talk therapy".
- Internal Family Systems (IFS): Everyone has an internal family; the core self, and other parts or aspects of self. Due to circumstances in life “inner parts are forced from their valuable states into extreme roles within us”. Identifying and working with these activated parts help to heal the whole person from longstanding issues. IFS is a non-pathologizing treatment meaning that every aspect of self is important and needs to be heard and understood. The IFS institute explains that “IFS is a transformative, evidence-based psychotherapy that helps people heal by accessing and loving their protective and wounded inner parts.” Connection within ourselves leads to connection with others with the goal of permanent healing.
- Somatic Experiencing (SE): Somatic Experiencing is a body-oriented approach to access and release unexpressed emotions and energy in the body. It assists in healing fixed physiological states that impair functioning and resiliency. This is a gentle approach in addressing the root cause of trauma symptoms and dis-ease from emotions suppressed in the body.
- Clinical Hypnotherapy: Clinical hypnotherapy is a powerful technique that assists the client to identify connections with their current state of distress and trace it back to the source of the negative belief and behavioral response associated with the specific problem they are experiencing. By utilizing regression techniques and having a dual awareness of the adult and the child the client is able to transform their understanding of events which allows clients to break re-enactments and unhealthy behavioral patterns. Clinical hypnotherapy is a closed-eye process with deep relaxation to help the client access the suppressed material. This technique is very different from hypnosis; everything is remembered and client is in full control of the process. Results include an increased understanding of self and situations and a healing of old wounds that talk therapy cannot seem to reach.
Other psychotherapy services include:
- Free Initial Phone Consultation (15 Minutes)
- Coordination of care with other providers on your team, if needed
- Insurances accepted, inquire for specific details (please note: I am unable to accept Medicaid/Medicare)
- Individual Therapy
- Family and Couples Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Meditation and Relaxation/Stress Reduction groups
- Clinical Consulting and Psychoeducation
- Presentations and lectures on trauma and equine assisted psychotherapy